Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Wheelwright Kentucky

This past weekend Tom and I went as leaders for our youth mission trip with Operation Warm up. We had 10 youth and 5 leaders. We drove to Wheelwright Kentucky and had a wonderfully blessed time. We worked with other churches in the Charlotte area to help in several different areas in Kentucky with the local churches there. We handed out a lot of blankets, coats, warm clothes, socks and bibles. The youth worked one on one helping with each family to get what they needed and then they prayed or talked with them about the Lord. It was so awesome to see all the youth be so compassionate with the people in need. There are very many people in need in our country. Most of these families are coal miners and make a very small wage. About $15,000 a year. Not too many people can live on that very well. It was very eye opening to me and I sure do appreciate that our youth learned alot about need on this trip too. I also loved getting to know some of our youth better. God is so good. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to go on these trips. Thanks Lord for allowing me the chance to do these things for You!

No comments: