Monday, February 19, 2007

Knowing who I am

Do you ever wonder who you are? Maybe it is because I am now 46 but as I get older, I question who I am. I know I am getting older. My body has made a few changes in the past few years but I still feel that inside I am the 16 year old I was back in the 70's. Maybe a lot wiser and less tolerant. I cant explain it. I keep trying to figure out if I am happy with what I am doing or if I should make some changes to my life. I suppose I should leave well enough alone as many changes have been made for me whether I like it or not.( I am going to be a grandmother. Tom and I have an empty nest as all our girls are in college or married and working.) I am older in what a lot referr to as midlife. But who knows if this is midlife for me. I may be gone next week from this world. Then my midlife would have been 23. Or I could live as long as my parents who are 85, in which case their midlife is so far 421/2. Who knows but God. I just know that some days I really love my life and some days I wonder if I should be doing something else with my life. Mainly my job. I have spent the last 13 years working at a chiropractic office. I have learned everything there and I have a lot of flexibility. But some days I am tired of it and wish for something a little more exciting or just different. I dont know if anyone else has felt like this. What should I do? Mainly I pray and ask God for direction. I only want to please Him, and so far He hasnt shown me anywhere else to go. So for now. I know that I am Sharon and I am an office manager for the chiropractors. And I am loved by my family. I think that is enough for me. At least today.

No comments: