Saturday, September 01, 2007

Changes



Changes are a part of life. I like them and I am fearful of them. I start out fearful and then as I adapt, I usually end up liking the change. Well changes are rampant in my life the past few months and weeks. I became a grandmother in June. Alisha graduated college and is now back in my empty nest as a full fledge adult. Hmmmmm very difficult at times.( I still see her as my high schooler under my care) My sunday school teacher quit so I have to choose another path on sunday mornings. My wednesday night 2nd grade class got changed and now I am going to be teaching with 3 other teachers sharing 2nd and 3rd grade. I quit my current job of 13 years and now am moving on to something totally different. Wow! It makes my head swim just thinking about it. Some changes I have no control over. Some changes I made. I am in a state of flux right now (whatever that is). I have been really tired and am getting over some sickness that has clamped onto me and wont let go. Sometimes I just want my old life back, but sometimes I am so excited about what the future holds that I feel euphoric. Today I am neither. I am enjoying a three day weekend with the man I fell in love with 27 years ago. We have finished our kitchen makeover and are enjoying the beauty of that change. I got my hair cut and that always feels good. I am complete in Christ. Knowing, that no matter what changes come, He never changes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sharon, came across your blog and wanted to let you know I understand the feelings about change. I, too, quit my job, lost my SS teaching partner and continue to chase 2 babies around. I feel my world is ever changing! You're not alone! Can't wait to see you in MN. ~Jolyn