Sunday, November 01, 2009

Ecuador






I thought I would write a little about my mission trip to Ecuador. First of all I would like to dedicate my trip there to my uncle Gary. He has supported me for all my mission trips and always was interested in them and wanted to hear about what I did. While on this trip my uncle passed away. He was always a happy man and as far as I could tell enjoyed life. I am thankful for knowing him and will always remember him fondly.

Tom and I were able to go on this mission trip together and for that I am grateful. We had been wanting to do that for years and it just never worked out. This year we were able to join up with a group of people that we did not know except for my wonderful friend Elaine. We did so many different things on this trip. We did a children's ministry in a park in Quito to assist a couple of small churches. The kids loved the games. We also visited with some pastors in their home. We helped out with two ministries to keep children in school and off the streets. We played with them. Did a couple bible studies. Helped feed them. Gave them some supplies for their teaching. We made Christmas bags for over 300 kids. We attended and participated in a cultural night at the seminary where we were staying. Twelve countries were represented. We also provided a pizza night and prizes for about 100 students at the seminary. We got to see beautiful sights in Ecuador and ate some interesting food. Guinea Pig to be exact. We met some amazing people whose faith is incredible. We made some dear friends. We laughed and cried and enjoyed most every moment. God is working all over the world. He is bigger than we think! If you ever get an opportunity to go somewhere different and experience some new places and people, please take it. You can change a life and yours will be changed too.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Your trip sounds so awesome! I am glad y'all went! We sure missed talking to you all week though! ;o)

I hope your next trip is to somewhere in Asia... central asia???

momofthreegirls said...

You can bet your next paycheck that the next trip is to Central Asia.