Tuesday, October 09, 2007

coffee


What makes coffee so special to some people every day. There was a time when I wasnt a coffee drinker, but I always appreciated the smell of it. When I was a young girl my mom would drink coffee pretty regularly but hers was usually instant and not quite as wonderful as when we would have a party at our house and she would make real coffee with a perculator. The smell was amazing. I also remember dipping toast or cookies in her coffee. (She let me) It was soooo good to me. Some times I would dip it too long and the cookie would fall off into her coffee. It didnt matter she never got mad at me. As an adult I never had coffee until, as a stay-at- home mom I would get together with girlfriends and their kids every two weeks and we would hang out and eat. One particular day it was kinds rainy and chilly and we had cookies that were homemade and we made coffee and it just warmed me to the core and I loved it. I was hooked from that day on. Not everyday but at parties in the evening, I would love coffee with my dessert. Or with my Tom sitting around in the evening we would have decaf coffee with creamer. I have to have cream and sugar and particularly flavored creamer.
As I began to work more outside the home we started making coffee at work. I started looking forward to going to work in the morning just so I could have my special little cup of coffee with creamer. I would reheat it many times because I dont like cold or lukewarm coffee, but just holding it in my hands and feeling the warmth of it gives me a WARM FUZZY!
With the coffee craze in the world today, I fit right in. Gloria Jeans was Tom and my favorite, but since they are no longer in this area we have given our loyalty to Caribou Coffee. White chocolate mocha decaf is my favorite. My girls even managed to get me hooked on the coffee coolers in the summer. I do always seem to get a brain freeze with the coolers though.....they are very addicting. I guess I am a bit addicted to coffee, but I guess there worse things I could be doing!

No comments: