Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Proud


I am a proud mom. I think about my girls alot. To me they are the best, most beautiful, creative, funniest, loving, caring, compassionate girls I know. I may be a bit bias, but I could not have picked greater girls myself if I'd gone to a store,and chose. God has been so good to Tom and I in giving us three of the best. They have made their mom and dad proud and continue to do so by their choices and paths they are choosing. They made parenting easy and make us look good when we have not done very much in making them who they are. It is all God.

Sheila is a wife, teacher, and recently, stay at home mom. She is adjusting to one income and learning how to pour her life into the precious gift God has given her and Andrew, Olivia Grace. It has been a pleasure to see how wonderful of a mom she is becoming. She is so patient and willing to give up so much to stay home. She loves Olivia passionately and wants her to grow up to be a woman of God. She is trying to figure out how to save money and make money without giving up too much of her time with Olivia. She is so talented that I know God will show her what she needs to do and will bless her abundantly.

Alisha is a recent college graduate and new second grade teacher. She had a tough summer wondering if she would ever get a job and trying to remind herself that God is in control and He will provide for her. Well He did and in a big way. She landed a second grade job at a wonderful school, with very supportive staff. She loves it. When she shares with me about teaching and her class, I can see the passion in her eyes. Not only that, she has incorporated her faith in her teaching and I am so amazed at the way God has gifted her in ministering to these kids in a public school. The kids in Ms. Burger's class are so blessed. They hit the jackpot! She is living at home with Tom and I right now and we love it. She is so respectful of us and fun to hang out with. We will miss her when she gets her own place. Some day there is a man who will sweep her off her feet and boy is he going to be blessed.

Emily is our baby and she is so special to us. She is in her second year of college and is doing very well. She is a good student and such a wonderfully refreshing personality. She is growing up to be a beautiful woman of God who has not even begun to discover her leadership qualities that will cause many to look to her for wisdom and direction. She has strong convictions but is such a caring,loving girl. She is my cutie. She is a RA in her dorm this year and I know the girls on her floor are loving having her as their leader. I am quite certain that God has a marvelous future in store for her......who knows which direction God will lead but it is going to be marvelous to watch it unfold.

So that is my blog today. I am a blessed woman with three now grown girls that I call my friends.

3 comments:

liz said...

I totally agree - your daughters are awesome!

Sheila said...

Mommy my eyes are leaking! :o)

Anonymous said...

i'm leaking as well...love you momma!