Thursday, August 16, 2007

My mom makes me smile





I spoke with my mom today and just had to smile. She is 85 years old and as sweet as can be. She laughs about things and talks about how her and my dad go on dates. They went to take things to the fair. My dad likes to enter his farm crops to be judged for prizes and money. My mom said that" dad took me out for lunch,I had a hotdog and dad had a hamburger and then we each had a piece of pie. And not a small little sliver of pie, it was a big piece with ice-cream. We sat outside in the shade and there was a little breeze and we just rested and had the best time." She also said that her and my dad play cribbage pretty much every day. My mom proceeded to say that "our grandchildren are just all so special and our great grandchildren too. They are just the best". What a wonderfully beautiful woman my mom is. It made me smile talking to her. She is so positive and loving. Oh that I can be that way at 85.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Hafta love grandma!

Anonymous said...

My heart overflows thinking of the great blessing we have had in our dear, sweet Mother! How can we ever thank God enough for this blessing! I loved the picture of Mother with the flowers...makes me want to go there right this minute and put my arms around her and hug her. Thanks for sharing this picture and message, sister.