Sunday, August 05, 2007

When Emily leaves for college

Today we took Emily back to college for her sophomore year. I am still hardly believing that it can be. We took her and fixed up her room, It is incredibly cute in spite of what she had to start with. She is such an organized woman. She had everything in a place and didnt have too much fluff to carry up. She made some really cute art for her room to match her bedding and it was amazingly incredible how cute it was in a matter of an hour. She does not have air conditioning but with a great window breeze from the mountains and a nice fan it was quite comfortable.

Now it was hard to leave this time because I am leaving my baby for the first time at college alone without one of her sisters. When we left Sheila alone it was hard but she was a first-born and they are just prepared to be on their own. Alisha only was alone after a couple years with an older sister and then had Emily coming to be with her in her senior year. But now after only one year with her sister she has three left with no one in the family to help her or keep tabs on her. I feel so sad!

I love the fact that my kids are incredibly good and independent, but at the same time it hurts my heart that they dont really need me anymore and things just arent ever going to be the same again. Like this summer we couldnt work out a family vacation because of everyones individual schedules. It hurts but is also a part of life. I know it will make the times we are together more memorable and special. So tonight the house seems emptier without Emily's beautiful smiling face. But I know that she is in good hands. Thanks God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i miss you and love you too mommy.