Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Feelings

How is it that feelings change so radically in me lately? Sometimes I feel on top of the world and sometimes I feel at the bottom of the food chain! As a believer I know that I should have joy all the time and for the most part I do. I dont however have happiness all the time. I have come to find out that when I am feeling down and like everything is wrong, I need to encourage myself in the Lord just as David did when everyone in Israel was against him. How do I do that?.....I start to praise God for all that He has done for me. I start to name and thank God all the blessings that I have seen and experienced in my life. It doesnt take more than a minute before I am back on top again. Not that I stay there, but at least I have a better perspective. Oh that I could live in that thankfulness and happiness all the time. For anyone reading this, please pray for me a spirit of joy and thankfulness all the time.

You show me the path of life. In your presence there is fullness of joy!
Psalm 16:11

No comments: