Friday, June 06, 2008

Discouraged

Have you ever had one of those days or times when you have been discouraged? Of course you have everyone has. Yesterday was one of those days for me. I just found out I was not chosen for another job.(one I really thought I wanted) It just seemed like the message was one that put me over the edge. I have my moods for sure, but I have always tried to live in the middle. Try to not climb to high or fall too low in the way I look at things. Putting my trust in the Lord has really helped with that too. When I get down, I encourage myself in the Lord as David did in the old testament. Yesterday,no matter how I tried I could not seem to lift myself up. Tears were brimming to the surface of my eyes all afternoon. Emily was with me and she was in a similar mood too as she was suppose to hear about a job by yesterday and didn't. What is a person suppose to do when you have done all you know to do and God is just not opening any doors? I have asked,fasted,prayed,searched and prayed some more and I just am not hearing from the Lord. I want to have faith that He is going to answer me with a great job. I was doing well until about a month ago and now after 4 months of looking, I am asking, "Lord, what am I missing? Am I suppose to be looking somewhere else that I haven't thought of?" I am discouraged. I feel like I am missing God. I know that God "has a plan for me" as it says in Jeremiah 29:11. I don't want to go through this without faith and then when God answers me with a wonderful job I will regret that I didn't trust His timing. For now I will have to depend on the prayers and encouragement of others to lift me up as I have no strength left of my own.

1 comment:

Tom Burger said...

Don't be discouraged - it's too hot to work anyhow ;)



I'm praying everyday for you