Tuesday, June 17, 2008


I was reading my Bible for my devotional time and what I read intrigued me. I was reading
Proverbs 20:5-7
(5) Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water, But a man of understanding will draw it out. (6) Most men will proclaim each his own goodness, But who can find a faithful man? (7) The righteous man walks in his integrity; His children are blessed after him.


First, I think this scripture is telling me that if God puts someone in my path that has a situation good or bad, if I am truly a believer who cares about people I will be interested in what is going on in this persons life and maybe even be of help to them with my words. Secondly, we are in a day when people sure do toot their own horns a lot, but show me someone who is there for me when I need them and that's the person I call friend and want to be around. Last verse amazes me because I have thought about this a time or two. I have a very godly heritage going back to my grandmother on my dads side. I remember as a small child being in her home while she was resting on her couch, she was praying and reading her Bible. That had an impact on me at a very young age. My mom and dad also, were faithful in their prayer life and God's Word. Now according to this verse, I have reaped benefits of their righteous ways. I can sense that in my life often by God's favor. My prayer is that I am passing on a blessing to my children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren because of my walk with God. What are you passing on to others? Ponder these scriptures and be blessed.

No comments: