Monday, October 09, 2006

Grandmother?

Well I have some interesting news. I was informed by my eldest daughter that I am to be a grandmother. Well I was shocked to say the least. I had been told for a year or more that I would not be a grandmother unless it was a chinese baby or from another country. I am afraid that I did not react correctly and if I could do it over I would have screamed like Liz(andrew's mom) did. I yelled at Sheila and said are you tricking me? Well after she said no and I could see she meant it. I was overwhelmed. (Im sorry I didnt scream, Sheila).

I have loved the thought of my own grandchild for a little while but was certainly willing to wait. However, I dont have to anymore! I am quite certain it is a cute little blond boy. He will be the best and the most fun of all children. Tom and I are going to be the best and most fun grandparents ever. And we will certainly love the kid like noone else could. I only wish that I would not have to drive 3 hours to see him. But I am thankful that it is not more. I have 8 months to prepare for being a grandma. I dont know if they have classes for this or not. I never heard of any. Maybe someone should start that,"Grandparents Class". I would take it.
Andrew and Sheila are gonna be the best parents. I cant wait to see them holding their first child. It is a blessing like no other. Giving your life to the Lord. Saying "I do" to the one you love. And holding your first child or second or third child are the three most wonderful events in life. Wow,God is good.

My life has been so unbelievably blessed in the past few weeks. I know the favor of God is upon me. Thanks Jesus!

No comments: