Tuesday, October 31, 2006

what happened to trick or treat

It is halloween and Tom and I sat on our porch. Had all the leaves swept up. Lit candles had our candy ready and waited and waited. Finally we ate some of the candy called our moms and waited. No trick or treators. How sad. We reminised about when our girls were little and we took them out to get candy. There were so many kids out you couldnt get down the street. Now there are hardly any kids. What has happened? Did everyone grow up? We ended up having 8 kids come to our house. And they didnt even say trick or treat! I had to ask them, "what do you say?" then they said trick or treat. What are the parents teaching the kids these days. I mean come on. I feel sad. I think some things just dont seem as fun anymore. Our world is changing. I miss my trick or treators. I like looking at all the cute little costumes and seeing the excitment of candy on the kids faces. Hey...... I just had 3 more kids come to the door. It is 8:39 but that is ok. I am encouraged. yeahhhhhhhh

No comments: