Thursday, September 07, 2006

having a yard sale

I am planning for a yard sale in the next week. I have done many in the past but kinda got to the place where I thought and Tom thought that it was too much work to take all the things you dont want anymore and put a price on them and then let people come to your house and start looking through all your stuff and try to get you to take less for it. Plus they always want to buy what you are not selling in your garage. BUT we have been cleaning out and organizing our house since Emily went to college. (I guess you would call this our empty nester projects) We have some big ticket items that I think will do well in a yard sale. We have 2 desks, bed sets, lots of miscellaneous stuff that I took out of the attice, etc. It's amazing how this thing can snowball. We just bought a new desk so I have to sell 2 old ones. Does that make sense?? Now I want to sell our family room sofa and love seat and my dishes that I have had for years. All of the sudden I just want to change everything and get a bunch of new. That is dangerous because you never sell your old for what the new will cost. YIKES help me somebody! I was going to have this sale this saturday but Sheila (My firstborn) has invited us to come to her sweet little town's festival. She really wants us to come so I will prolong the agony of this yard sale to another day. Hopefully it wont be raining next week. I have to get this stuff out of my garage, cause that is one of our next projects!!! Clean and organize the garage. Isnt life fun?

No comments: