Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Queen mother

I am starting to get the big head. My middle daughter, Alisha has been voted to be on homecoming court for Queen. This is a new area for me but I think that I could learn to like to be royalty. The other day Tom's prison band went to our church youth group to lead the service and we were enjoying a home cooked meal that one of our friends had prepared for them. All of the sudden one of the men called me the first lady. Everyone started calling me that. I guess that makes Tom the president, but only of the prison. So maybe that isnt an honor after all. Oh well, I kinda liked it. First Lady and now maybe Queen mother. I should get some new clothes and a few pieces of Jewelry. I am very proud of Alisha. If anyone deserves to be Queen of Appalachian State University it is her. She is definitely a faithful appalachian student. She is a trusting, loyal friend. A very beautiful girl inside and out. She loves Jesus! I think she will represent her school wonderfully. I really thank Jesus for giving her this opportunity. (And I really would like to be the Queen mother.)

No comments: