Wednesday, September 13, 2006

teaching

I teach 2nd grade on wednesday night at my church. I have done it for many years and we just started back up for the 2006-2007 year. It is always so interesting to see the character of the classes because each year is different. I teach with my best friend Wanda and we have got this down to a science. Kids are so fun to watch and evaluate. We had 25 students tonight and it was really a good class. We always start with the rules. No talking without raising your hand. 3 strikes and your out to Pastor Melvin! which means your parents are going to find out you have misbehaved. (not usually a good thing) Then we have a lesson and some games and craft or fun lesson thing to do. I usually have a hard time picking what I will do, because there is so much to choose from and we only have 60 minutes. I do love teaching. I have Colby Neimeyer in my class this year. She was the flower girl in Sheila's wedding. I gave each of the kids a chance to share 1 thing about themselves and she said, " I was the flower girl in your daughters wedding." Well after that every girl wanted to share that they were in someone's wedding. Arent kids great? I think that this will be an interesting class and hopefully they will love me and Ms. Wanda and they will learn more about the Lord.

No comments: